[access-uk] Re: JAWS and headings in Word

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:13:18 +0000

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've solved the problem and here's how if
anyone's interested.

After looking online I found a site saying the keyboard shortcut for
applying headings was alt control 1 2 or 3, as opposed to Alt 1 2 or
3.  When I tried this, even after pressing insert 3 to pass the key
through it would bring up the JAWS window (as in options, utilities
etc).  I have no idea why since that keystroke isn't meant to do that.
 However I then changed the keystrokes by going into View, Toolbars,
Customise, Keyboard and finding the commands for applying headings.  I
changed them to Control 1 2 or 3 and it works - JAWS reports different
formatting when I press Insert f, and they are announced as headings
both when arrowing through and bringing up a list of headings.

Thanks all,
Catherine