[access-uk] Re: JAWS and XP Media Center Edition

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:18:06 +0100

that's correct I'm afraid.

Once Vista gets going I suspect many laptops will be sold with Vista Enterprise as they are often meant originally for business. Home users will be screwed again, though the problems with XP Media centre needing the pro version of JAWS will be avoided.

I really think it is about time that JFW followed the others and dropped this price differential which is so unfair for home users. instead, dealers could be encouraged to sell employers that have JAWS users to do things like take out appropriate technical support packages such as telephone support and the like. in the mean time you will just have to put up with it and lobby freedom scientific about it.

If we could come up and agree some kind of sensible approach that would give FS the money they want from employers that they think can afford it while not penalising home users unfairly, a petition similar to that which has appeared criticising the suing of Seratech (not sure of spelling) would be a good idea.

What is so difficult for you about Window-eyes? It must be extremely difficult for you in some way if you can afford to buy it and then ditch it, or you must have a hell of a lot of cash to throw around!

Cheers

Graham

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>