[access-uk] Re: JAWS, MS Word 2010, and Windows 8

  • From: bernard <bernardgeorgiou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:41:17 +0100

Hi,

I know what you mean, this windows 8 and the new Office packages is not easy to get around. I also do most things off the desktop, but have also installed the Windows XP Pro user interface, and it seems to work well with Jaws. It gives me nearly the same screens as I had on my old XP. Silly to stick to old technology but it makes life a whole lot easier for me.

Bernard
On 05-Sep-13 3:24 PM, Jackie Brown wrote:
Hi Bernard

Thanks for letting me know that, I have one for 2003, and I doubted very
much it would work on 2010.  Mind you, me and 2010 are strangers to one
another.  I keep promising myself to learn it, but somehow I turn on my
Desktop PC where all my peripherals are attached, and sit happily using what
I have done for so long.  How sad is that! (smile).

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace