[access-uk] Re: JAWS Accessible DVD Player

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:09:49 +1100

Well, the only two applications I have used [or tried to use] apart from WMP are Toshiba DVD [on a Toshiba Satellite p501] and a utility that came with an old vista laptop by Compac. Applications that don't only play DVD that could be options are Winamp [somewhat accessible but tricky to use with a screen reader] or VLC media play [completely inaccessible]. Also apparently foobar2000 is good, but I don't have any experience with that so have no idea what it can do.

Hope this helped:
Thomas.
On 25/01/2013 12:26, Brian Cairnie wrote:

Hi Thomas,

My colleague has tried Windows Media Player and found it doesn't meet his needs, so he has asked me to see if anyone knows of an alternative to this.

Thanks,

Brian.