[access-uk] Re: JAWS Accessible DVD Player

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 11:57:19 +1100

Hello Brian,
What do you mean
"DVD player for PC which is accessible with JAWS"?

depending on your OS, you will be able to play DVDs in windows media player.
I know that from win7 HP, the DVD codec is already installed, and I think that it is installed on windows Vista pro.
Not 100% sure, though.

If you mean that you want to know of a DVD player with accessible included software, to you I say good luck. Most software companies bundle with there products is inaccessible, and for video related programs the rule of thumb I use is "if it is not expressed to be accessible, or you can't determine that it is, it isn't"
guilty until proven innocent.

Hope I helped,
Thomas.
On 25/01/2013 11:40, Brian Cairnie wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a DVD player for PC which is accessible with JAWS?

Thanks,

Brian.