[access-uk] Re: JAWS 8 0 on XP Home OS

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 22:17:34 -0000

I'mnot really sure what it means for recording in Vista, but I am
pretty confident in saying that The RIAA with MS's help would like to
be able to restrict or disable recording altogether, and not just the
ripping of CDs, .DVDs, and other media.  Whether this will actually
come to pass is another matter.  I'm certain it is true that many Dell
machines are sealed boxes for audio purposes.

Still, where does that leave people who use audio to earn a living-
recording businesses and even charities who want to use PCs for
perfectly legit reasons?  Maybe specially licenced software and
hardware?  I simply don't know the answer, but sure would like to.
Anyone know the Answer?

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx