[access-uk] Re: JAWS 10

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:58:57 -0000

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll install as soon as I can.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:08 PM (UK time), Dave Taylor at dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi, in general it is a good release. I personally didn't get on with
auto forms mode though and ended up switching it off! I think there
are some screen refresh issues that Jaws 9 didn't have, some of which
I've managed to get FS to reproduce, so hopefully they've started to
realise the issue. But overall, the way it works in a lot of
situations is much better than Jaws 9 was.

In particular, even without auto forms mode, working with many form
fields is different. You only need forms mode to edit things now, you
can open list boxes, combos, etc, without going into forms mode at
all.

Cheers
Dave