[access-uk] Itunes

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:46:30 -0000

Thanks Marie - have now listened to the podcast, and learnt a trick or 2, but
have a couple of questions regarding the Itunes music library that I hope you
or somebody can help me with.

When I opened Itunes, I found it had already put 435 songs in my library,
without me doing anything! So, how do I get control of the library, so that I
just put in there what I want? Also, when songs get added to the library, are
they physically moved from their location, or does the library just point to
their location on my HD, I ask because when I tried to add a file using the
file menu and the add folder to library option, the song disappeared from where
it had originally been.

I know I said I had 435 songs seemingly automatically put in to the library,
but when I arrow through the list, against some of them, it says invalid
location, and they don't play when I hit enter on them, like the rest do.

All help to make things clearer is most welcome -

Andy