[access-uk] Re: Is this a soundcard or windows issue

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:05:27 -0000

Hi Peter,

Something very similar used to happen with me. I used to switch my machine
to standby then switch it back on to get Jaws speaking again, rather than
rebooting. That used to be useful in times when I'm in the middle of
something and need to save my work before a full reboot. Sorry that this
isn't a solution but it can be helpful until you've sorted your problem. I
can't remember precisely how I solved my problem, but it was something like
reinstalling XP or upgrading Jaws. Hope that someone comes up with a proper
solution for you.

Cheers,
Amro