[access-uk] Re: Is there such a thing?

  • From: "Jim Doherty" <j_doherty2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:53:52 +0100

Hi Alistair,

I live in a block of terrace house’s and finding the right door was a 
nightmare. I found a gadget that allowed me to press a button on a hand held 
machine, similar to a remote control but thicker and a fob that was stuck on 
the door would bleep until I got almost on top of it, it worked a treat. The 
gadget had four fobs and the hand held (remote control) had four buttons, each 
one corresponding to the number on the fob which was in raised   dots. The 
problem is I can’t for the life of me remember where I got it from, I think it 
might of been QVC. I hope someone on the list can remember the name of the 
gadget for you, might of been RNIB as well. 

Sorry if this is of no use to you but it did the trick for me.

From: Alistair 
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:16 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Subject: [access-uk] Is there such a thing?

Hi, My GD Jenks passed away recently so getting out and about with the cane 
again has been.......fun? Was wondering if there was such a device which could 
alert me either wirelessly or blue tooth when I get near my own front gate, bit 
of a bugger finding the right fence and then the right gate. Thought I saw 
something like this on this list some time ago, so any help appreciated. 

Thank you!


Other related posts: