[access-uk] Is the Bradley watch vat exempt?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Agent Orange - agentorange at talktalk.net (via discussion list)" <discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 10:30:15 +0000

Hello Everyone.

I have been trying for the past few weeks to buy the Bradley watch that so many of you recommended. I tried to order from RNIB, but I could not get through via phone and the website was down. This is very annoying as the watch was £159.99 excluding VAT at the time, and the price has now gone up to £199.99! I tried contacting people within RNIB who forwarded my emails on to the products team, but no one got back to me. I eventually managed to get through to the helpline yesterday, but I was informed that the watch is not VAT exempt. Has anyone actually managed to purchase the watch with VAT exemption? If so, where did you purchase it from? It seems rather strange to me that a product made by the blind for the blind is not VAT exempt.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq