[access-uk] Is Avast anti-virus accessible?

  • From: "Robert Portal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 11:28:36 +0100

Dear listers,

I currently have AVG installed on my computer but am seriously thinking of
changing given their policy of selling their client info to advertisers and
that recent tests indicate it is less effective than Microsoft Security
Essentials (not a good recommendation.

Avast has been suggested as a free alternative and I would be grateful to
know if anyone uses it successfully - I'm not expecting it to be fully
accessible, just hoping that it's not fully inaccessible.

Best wishes

Robert