[access-uk] Re: Is 3d Dymo OK as alternative to braille 1 and 0 for testing?

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:19:03 +0100

Yes, the system that would need to be learned is what on earth they mean.
Using two digits to mean various other numbers would be very confusing. Most
people can see enough to read print, or if not, then they almost all use
braille. Dymo is very quick to do and just as easy as in print. Ordinary
print dymo is also very hard to feel, even for such basic shapes. Raised
print needs to be much larger than that, even for basic shapes.Also, people
would not be able to tell which way up your system was to know which way
round to read the number as both shapes are identical in each direction. If
the unit is to be accessible to people who can't read print, whatever it is,
it needs audible or tactile feedback anyway!