[access-uk] Re: Is 3d Dymo OK as alternative to braille 1 and 0 for testing?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:39:21 +0100

Hi Jonathan

It really depends on how well people are able to identify numbers.  I, for
example, have no sight, and would probably be able to feel a number if it
were quite large and spaced apart from another.  I wonder if something with
a shape on it or something more tactile wouldn't be a better idea?  I'm not
knocking your suggestion of using a Dymo labeller with print numbers, but
something more obvious might be a better solution?

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx