[access-uk] Re: Is 1Password accessible in Windows?

  • From: christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:37:30 +0100

I don't know about JAWS, but 1Password works ok with NVDA. I prefer it under OS
X and iOS though but this is personal preference and am not trying to say the
Windows version isn't accessible at all because it is, so long as you can use
your screen reader's review commands. As for buying a license, you don't need
to unless you plan to have more than the limit of 20 items per vault in the
free demonstration mode. There is supposed to be a 30 day fully functional
trial mode after installation but I never got that to work and it instead
operated in restricted demonstration mode. Under OS X, however, the 30 days
fully functional trial worked right away. For clarification's sake, the iOS app
is free for basic use. There is a £7.99 in-app purchase to unlock all "pro"
features.

On 26 Apr 2015, at 19:50, John Gurd <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see 1Password has recently been released for the Windows platform. I know
this is accessible as a Mac program and as an IOS device. I just downloaded
it for my iPhone and am very impressed. It would be great if I could sync
passwords and logins, etc, with my Windows PC but I am reluctant to buy a
Windows version until I know it will work with Jaws. It seems fewer and
fewer Windows programs are accessible these days. Has anyone here used it
successfully?

I've posted this query to the Jaws World list as well.

Thanks

John