[access-uk] Re: Iphone 4S

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 19:33:34 -0000

Hi Carol.

There really is no secret to using Siri above what has been said already. When in a text field, use the dictate button on the keyboard to dictate text, speak clearly and try to speak in a complete sentence if at all possible. If you want punctuation in your text, you'll need to say things like full stop, question mark, comma, exclamation mark etc. as Siri doesn't have a detailed profile of your voice like Dragon on the PC would create.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Carol Pearson
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:32 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Iphone 4S

I've had quite a few failures too and have often resorted to keyboard myself
so, please, Ibrahim, tell us a few secrets of words/expressions  Siri
definitely understands here in the UK and, while you're at it, do you find
the "Dictate" button more successful, as I do, in that Siri then seems to
know where I'm going.

I thought he was supposed to learn our style, etc., and I hoped he'd learn
some of the words he gets wrong, but I'm not convinced on that right now.
Again, I've had some success with queries and of course setting reminders
etc., but dictation isn't going as well as I'd hoped.

--
Carol P