[access-uk] Re: Internet file sharing application?

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:29:30 +0100

Hi Dj,

"It sounds like you might be wanting a centralised pool where you can both store data that's accessible to you both."

Precisely sir! that what I was hoping to achieve; to avoid the process of uploading and downloading etc. I'm evaluating Windows Live at present; thanks to Chris. My Initial thoughts though that it seems to take ages to synchronise the (my sharing folders) folder.

In my original message I mentioned that I vaguely remember reading about a good program for file sharing sometime ago. Well, I wasn't fantasising after all! It's called TubeNow from TubeNow.com. It sounded just the ticket, but unfortunately I found it to be inaccessible; wonder if someone's tried it with a better luck?

While searching I've come across this page that lists few websites such as YouSendIt for uploading and downloading large files at

http://digital-binary-review.blogspot.com/2006/02/where-to-upload-your-files.html

or at the tiny URL

http://tinyurl.com/9tqv8

I'll try to manage with the more straightforward methods e.g. sendspace.com that you suggested and leave aside the FTP and VPN options for now!

Many thanks again for your help, Dj and Chris.

Cheers,
Amro
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>