[access-uk] Internet connection advice required

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:30:48 -0000

Hi all,

As some of you know I am connected to the internet via BT broadband and my wife, Carol, has her computer connected to the same set-up wirelessly.

When Carol tried to download e-mail this morning she received the following error:

"The Host btinternet.com could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Account Mail.BTInternet.com
Server Mail.BTInternet.com
Protocol pop3
Port 110
Secure ssl no
Socket error 11004
Error Number 0x800ccc0d

When Carol was on dial up with the Supanet provider she had a similar error which Neil Hall of Dolphin computer access said, could be corrected by making changes to the dial-up connection, however, as we are both on BT broadband now, I would appreciate some advice on how to solver the above problem.

Thank you in advance.

Alexander Shannon