[access-uk] Re: Internet Security and Routers

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:48:34 +0100

George, Andy and all,

Being well aware of this recovery disc nonsense I took quite a long time selecting a dealer to supply my P C when I bought it a few weeks ago. I knew I didn't want to go to the box-shifters such as P C World (there are other box shifters available) I had a good look at the Internet and the old-fashioned Yellow Pages to find likely good dealers.

In the end I went to an established dealer I'd dealt with before. Having visited the shop, I was happy that they could talk to me properly about what was in a machine. As they built the machines themselves, and did supply the O S and other software on original discs, I was satisfied I'd be getting value for money. And I know where they are if I have a problem.

Really anyone contemplating buying a new machine won't be wasting their time talking to dealers and taking it fairly slowly. I know the temptation of getting everything fixd today, but you might have to repent at leisure!

Vince.
----- Original Message ----- From: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>