[access-uk] Re: Internet Security and Routers

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:02:04 +0100

Hi Andrew.

Yes, you are right it's a Pacard Bell from PC World.  The imedia version.  I
didn't get a Recovery Disk  Andrew.  It's built into the computer.  I think
it's F11 on Boot-up to Restore back to factory settings, and yes, Norton is
waiting there for me when I do it.  I believe my subscription for Norton was
for 18 months as it said something about running out in July 06.  I
attempted to do a live update but it took so long that I think my computer
was crashing.  I managed to turn Norton Off and installed Sygate and AVG but
Sygate was causing me a lot of problems.  I've received a load of mail on
this subject and think that perhaps I should turn Norton off on my computer
and remove Sygate from both, but leave AVG.  Does that sound about right
Andrew.

I'm planning on a new computer later this year Andrew but I don't think that
I'll be returning to PC World this time  The last two computer's were both
from PC World and both had to be frequently re-formatted.  I fancy one of
those Media Centre versions, connected to my TV and Hi Fi but I don't hear
much chatter on these devices on this list yet, so I'm not sure.

Best wishes.

Andy