[access-uk] Re: Internet Radio

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:34:25 -0000

Hi Sam

The Sonata  from Wireless for the Blind Fund can now be loaned or bought,
and I recommend it for its simplicity of use and the fact you can forget
about your PC so long as you have an Internet or WiFi connection.

If you have no sight, it will be difficult to find something commercial that
you can access out of the box.  I understand the iPhone has some good
applications where you can listen to lots of radio stations, but don't own
one so can't comment.  I find my Sonata invaluable though as we live in a
dreadfully poor DAB reception area.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability