[access-uk] Internet Explorer Crash recovery utility: Is there one?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:54:59 +0100

Sorry if this appears twice on the list folks.

To put it as simply as I can I've had a long-standing problem
with IE6 and REal Player 10.  When I finish listening to a BBC
'listen again' stream I find the original page in IE has frozen,
,mouse hourglass, no response from IE etc.  Only solution, to
close down, send error message to MS and restart Internet
explorer.

So, what I'm asking is, is there a utility out there that logs
your current web page and saves it so that, in the event of an IE
crash you can resume with the page you were on before you were so
rudely interrupted?

Of course, if their is a solution to the Real Player 10 Crash
thing, then I'd like to know.  I fear that Real Networks help
would be useless in this case and don't want to waiste my time
getting nowhere nowhere fast.  Any help along the lines I've
suggested or with Real Player would be gladly received.

Using the latest version of Real Player with, as far as I know,
updates, plus XP Pro with SP2 and all updates.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx