[access-uk] Re: Internet Explorer.

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:55:18 -0000

    I'm afraid I'd urge caution with installing any application that's still
in beta. The purpose of a beta release is to give people the opportunity to
test a piece of software, on the understanding that it is not the finished
product and that it may still contain bugs.

    I'd recommend rolling back to IE7, then taking another look at the
problems you were experiencing. Are you sure for example that the browser
was the problem?

    One possible way to find out would be to install another type of
browser, perhaps Firefox. If the links work in Firefox, but not in IE7, you
may have narrowed the problem down to a particular browser.

    This approach is slightly different from installing IE8, as a browser
like Firefox 3 is a finished product. In other words, you shouldn't get the
kind of bugs you might expect from IE8 at this stage.

    Something else to try would be to send the links to other people. If
they too can't get the links to work, then it's possible that the link is at
fault, not the browser.

Léonie.

  _____