[access-uk] Re: Interesting article concerning dab radio in Germanydigital radio

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:31:28 -0000

Hi, well now is the perfect time to review DAB anyway. With EMAP having been
taken over and GCAP probably about to be, plus the launch of the national 2
multiplex, things are changing fast. If Global take over GCAP as they are
trying, lets hope they impose their standards on GCAP DAB stations as they are
consistently the best quality transmitted DAB stations, and their Switch
Digital multiplexes seem to fit more stations at higher quality than any other
multiplexes.It'll be interesting to see which tier of multiplexes they divest
though, probably their part share in their regionals I would guess where there
is overlap with GCAP owned outright multiplexes, but who knows. They may also
have to sell the Heart stations under ownership regulations, but I'm sure there
would be fierce competition for those. There is also a DAB list at Yahoogroups
if anybody is interested, and it is very quiet.

Cheers
Dave