[access-uk] Re: Interesting Link

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 01:28:15 -0000

Eleanor,

While I have every sympathy for the lady in this case, Easy jet were following
the rules and indeed the CAA guidelines on assistance dog travel, so by rights
the traveller needs to have the necessary paperwork confirming their dog is a
trained assistance dog for the safety of all concerned.  Easy jet have a duty
of care to all their travellers, and the same goes for any other airline, so if
you take your guide dog identity card and pet vet book with you whenever you
travel, you should be absolutely fine.

All the best, Ibrahim.