[access-uk] Re: Installing Spybot

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:38:23 +0100

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your message.  I will have another try at installing spybot using
Narrator, however, I am finding that even using Narrator, I am having to use
it for almost the complete install, and even then, spybot may clash with
Jaws 8, but I have to check this.

I will say that I seem to remember getting spybot installed successfully
with earlier versions of jaws, such as 7.0 and 7.1 I believe, although, on
reflection, I believe the first time it was installed an RNIB computer
volunteer installed it for me, and she did install it with the screen reader
turned off.  However, I think I did reinstall it myself while running either
Jaws 7.0 or 7.10 on this XP machine without using Narrator.

Alexander Shannon