[access-uk] Installing Macromedia Authorware query

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:53:49 +0100

Hi.  this isn't really my problem, but my sister's.

She's doing A ECDL  course, but she's been told that she needs to
install Macromedia's Authorware plug-in.  (Yes, I know its Adobe now.)
I couldn't help this afternoon as I didn't have my Window-Eyes pen
drive with me, but she seemed unable to get past the pop-up blocker
stage.

I had thought that I might be able to download the thing and save it,
but no go, seemingly.  Looks as if it must be installed on the fly.

So, what I'm really asking is, how do you as a sighted user get past
the pop-up blocker to get this damnbed software to download?  (My
sister's not that computer literate, and I could not direct her to the
right place on the media bar or whereever.

I've a sort of fear too that the dreadful Yahoo interface her laptop's
been incombered with isn't helping matters either, (it doesn't help
me, Lol!

Any comments, welcomed.  (I'd like to bet this software isn't screen
reader friendly, but as I won't be using it, that's not my problem at
the moment.)

Cheers,
From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: