[access-uk] Re: Installing JAWS on a new Windows 7 machine

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 00:09:24 +0100

Hi all.
When you first insert the JAWS 12 DVD (or any software installation CD/DVD for that matter), an autoplay dialogue box appears. The first option is almost always, "run setup.exe". So press enter, as that option is already selected for you. Then the user account control dialogue box appears. You can press alt+y at that point, then setup will start.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 31/03/2011 23:47, Edward Green wrote:
Hi all,
I've just bought a new laptop running Windows 7.
Before I install JAWS, I wanted to ask whether a user account control
window will pop up under Windows 7 when I try to install it as it did
under Vista. If so, will this happen as soon as I put the CD in the
drive or will I have speech to navigate it? If I don't, will pressing
tab twice and pressing enter activate the continue button as it would
under Vista?
I have the JAWS 12 CD. Can I assume that this contains a 64 bit version?
Thanks,
Ed