[access-uk] Re: Infuriating JAWS problem with BBC website!

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:51:44 -0000

Yes Peter I know this, perhaps my message was unclear, I was saying that I
stopped buying an SMA because it appeared that each upgrade broke more than
it fixed, and what it did fix was more about Braille than speech, and I
don't use Braille, so the SMA was of little value, that's why I'm still with
JFW 6.2. The dreaded thing is, that one day, I'll be forced in to Vista, and
will have to then upgrade JFW. I even think that I'd have to upgrade if I
want to use IE7, which it looks as if future Windows updates will force me
to install!

I'm not sure what the cost of upgrading from JFW 6.2 to version 9 would be,
but I bet it's well on the way to buying Window Eyes, which I think I might
do, if it wasn't for the steep learning curve! I don't feel I've got the
energy to go through all that learning, I remember how frustrating it was
learning JFW, it's not something I'm keen to repeat! -

Andy