[access-uk] Re: Info about aol

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:41:49 +0100

Hi, the speed is displayed very quickly, and there's no way to check it once
connected. There are speed tests you can do on the web. For example,
there's one at www.broadband.co.uk, and my current results were:
download: 0.03 MBPS
upload: 0.04 MBPS
This is because like you we're on dial-up, but it's still a useful tool. We
hope to be moving to broadband very soon though, so when I do the test
again it should be much faster.
In terms of AOL e-mail, I actually don't use that part of the service; I have
a Googlemail account and thus don't need people to e-mail me at my AOL
address.
Hope that helps.