[access-uk] Index V5 stuck on startup, anyone got any ideas?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:00:00 +0100

Hello everyone.

I was upgrading the embosser firmware on an index V5 embosser via a USB drive and the power cord became unplugged. The connection is not the best connection in the world, I much prefer the old design. The embosser now will not start. I can get it to restart in recovery mode, but I cannot do anything when in recovery mode when checking for updates. The embosser says no updates available even when I have both ethernet and my USB pen drive containing the firmware connected. I have contacted techno-vision, but Kevin wasn't too sure about the V5 units as they have not had many units in for stripping. The manual is useless as it just tells you how to get in to recovery mode, nothing else. The knowledge base just has articles on how to strip down the V4 units and doesn't match the V5 main board as far as some of the instructions go. I have contacted support directly.

In the meantime, Is there anything I can do to perform a full firmware reinstallation? I have taken the back plate off the embosser to see if I can find an SD card to remove and format, but I can't seem to find one on the V5 units. I know the V4 units used to have one you could replace. Does anyone have any ideas on  how I can get the embosser fully factory reset, upgraded and back up and running, I would really appreciate it. I am more than happy to strip the unit down to access internals if needs be.

Cheers,

Mo.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq