[access-uk] Increasing Memory

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:32:36 +0100

Hi All

My Intel Celeron system using XP Home has 512 megs of RAM memory. I'm thinking of increasing this to 1024 megs. This gives rise to 2 questions; the first is how difficult is it? Do I simply plug in the new items to the motherboard and it sorts it's self out or is there more to it than that? Secondly how do I discover which of the multitude available I actually need. I have looked on Control Panel and Balarc Advisor and can find nothing more than the fact I have 512 megs of memory.

Many thanks

Roger

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to.
Mark Twain