[access-uk] Re: Inaccessible "My Documents" Folder

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:23:59 +0100

Hi Yusuf,

Yes, you can.  All you need to do, is to select My Documents, hit Alt Enter,
select the sharing tab, allow it to be shared over the network, and give it
a share name.  This is My Documents by default.  Accept this.

Now when you OK out of that properties box, you can refer to your machine
over the network like this:-

\\machinename\my documents

Where Machinename is the name of your machine on the network.

You can share any folder on your system in this fashion, even system
folders.  I would not recommend this, but you can do it.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589