[access-uk] Re: In Touch: Why do we pay so much? Again!

  • From: "PETE gurney" <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:31:59 +0100

hello ray,

i suspect  that what alan davis wouldn't confirm is true.
that the so called new machine from pulsedata called the braillenote pk is
infact the pronto developed by baum.
i was telling someone to take a look at the pronto before buying anything
else as they were going to sight village to find a notetaker.
i gave technovision a call as i thought they were the company selling it in
the UK.
they told me they didn't sell it any more, as baum had given the contract
to pulsedata.
when checking the baum website they clearly show pulsedata as being their
agents in the UK.
i spoke to pulsedata and asked them how much they charged for the pronto,
and they said they don't sell it as they sell the braillenote pk.
but what it actually looks as if their doing is re-labeling the pronto as
the braillenote pk and trying to charge us an extra 1400 pounds for the
privilege.
what a shame george didn't keep the contract, as he was selling it for the
same price its available for from baum which is as i said about 1400 less
than pulsedata charge for their so called braillenote pk.
i know where my money wont be going.

pete.

** vacation ## d