[access-uk] Re: Image map link

  • From: catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:12:08 +0100

Hi Marie,

1.  Why can't the table with the weather forcast be e-mailed to you -
well there's no reason why it couldn't be but the publishers of this
ezine you get have chosen to do it in a different way.  For the
recipients of the newsletter to get a forecast relevant to them they
would need people, when registering for the mail, to say which area/s
they want forecasts for.  I think the way they've chosen to do it
allows for more flexibility because whilst most of the time you might
only want your local forecast, other times you might be making a
journey and wanting to know about other areas.

2.  From what I've read I think an image map is supposed to be a
picture on the screen which has clickable parts which will link to
other pages.  I don't know if I recall this correctly and I don't know
if sighted people would always see/describe it that way.  I would like
to know, for example, what sighted person sees on the screen at amazon
where they have image map links for "basket" etc.

3.  "Same page" links - well you might want to know they're same page
ones, for example so that you can understand how many times to press
the back button.  But if you don't want to know you can turn it off
somewhere in JAWS options (can't remember where right now but let me
know if you want to find out) and then JAWS just says "link" like
everywhere else.

Catherine