[access-uk] Re: I'm outraged!

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:55:00 +0100

I'm not Damon, but I just felt a need to correct you. Although there are a lot of shows that are not audio described and should be, lost was one that always was. The only time it wasn't described was for the short time of season two when channel 4 decided not to audio describe it any more, but after many complaints they repeated all the episodes that were not audio described with audio description and from then it was described all the time both on channel 4 and later on on sky when sky took over.

Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://twitter.com/internetking
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Saqib - Email Address: saqib@xxxxxxxxxxxx Sent On: 24/05/2010
06:54 Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mike. It wasn't the actual message that got my goat this morning.
It was the tone of it. Of course we should be on a level playing field
as our sighted counter parts on numerous levels and that includes
transport and general technology. What I was trying to get across was
that it's not a huge catastrophy if something wasn't recorded in AD
for one episode. There have been plenty of ocations where Corrie
hasn't been recorded with AD and yes it's a nucense on a entertainment
level but hay as I said we can't always have it our way. I'm not
saying that people should put up with this if such errors are made on
a regular basis but if its the odd program once in a while then I don't think it's a huge deal for me personally.