[access-uk] Re: ISO and audio

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:22:53 +0000

Hi. Even when you convert to avi, the audio is generally encoded in Ac3 format at 256 KBPS. 128KBPS is CD quality so you're already talking HD quality ready for you to extract as MP3 at 256K or 320K or whatever. personally i can't tell the difference beyond 128K, maybe there's something wrong with me lol.

Mo.

On 22/01/2013 20:20, BJ Edwards wrote:
Hi, I see. I assume compressed AVI files are of a similar quality to
MP3 files. I was talking about uncompressed sound... WAV for example.

bJ

On 22/01/2013, Mobeen Iqbal<mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi BJ.

what do you mean by proper audio? DVD audio extractor can extract to
MP3, it depends what kind of an audio purest you are. i mean, obviously
Wav files could take up tons of space, you have to watch out that you
don't run out of space on your hard drive. Also, when extracting audio
from a dvd, you have to extract audio from all the titles or at least
play them back to make sure you're extracting the english title.
otherwise you end up with other language titles as well. choices
choices, i'm sure you'll get there in the end eventually!

Mo.

On 22/01/2013 15:27, BJ Edwards wrote:
Hi,

So, in my eutopian fantasy I have all my movies on one lovely hard
drive that I can plug into a media centre and watch on a decent
system. But, can you get the audio track of your choice from an ISO
file or DVD and save it as a file without loosing quality and listen
on a portable device? sorry, rather rambling. I don't want MP3
compression, I want "proper" audio. Can this be done?

Thanks!

BJ