[access-uk] IPod Nano queries

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:02:17 +0100

Hello all,

this is my first post to the list, so please excuse me if it is not
quite on topic for this forum.

I have recently bought an IPod Nano 5g 16  gig, and will be using it
with Windows XP.  I'm not getting very far with it at the moment, and
have a number of questions.  Please reply on or off-list as you prefer:

1. Is there a list out there dedicated to the subject of IPods as used
by Visually-impaired people?
2. I have a 16 gig IPod and a 250 gig music library.  How do I place
music on my IPod Nano, obviously manually rather than by automatically
syncing? I have been told about going to the ITunes library, selecting
the songs I want and copying them over to the music library under the
IPod in devices.  However, I can't find the devices list when I connect
the IPod Nano to the PC/  What are the steps I need to take to locate
the music list in the ITunes library and then the music area on the IPod
device?

2. I gather you have to eject the IPod before physically disconnecting
it.  Where do I find the Eject option?  I saw it by accident last night,
but pressing enter or space to eject didn't give me any feedback to
indicate that anything had happened.

3. Having converted all of my music library into an ITunes library
(keeping the MP3 back-up), if I rip any more CD's onto my PC using
another programme (express rip), how do I then add them to the ITunes
library individually?

BTW, when I found the ITunes library display by accident, (once, and I
haven't seen it again), I noticed that pressing CTRL C to copy selected
items gave me no feedback at all.  How do you navigate through from that
library up one level on the menu tree, when a backspace just asks if you
want to delete the selected items from your library?

Final question? Does this all mean that I am too stupid to own an IPod?

Best,
Clive

Clive Lever
Diversity Advisor
01622 221163 (extension 7000 1163) Room 1.15, Sessions House, County
Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ.
Diversity is a strength and we will value and harness difference for the
benefit of all service users, the individual and KCC.