[access-uk] Re: IOS 7

  • From: "Brian Cairnie" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:00:22 +0100

Hi Mark,

This is what I found on the web but as I said in my earlier post, it didn't
work for me.

Locate the IOS version you want (IOS 6.1.3 or whatever), there are numerous
sites on the web where you can get these.
Put your phone into DFU mode by holding the power and home button together
for 10 seconds (you have to be pretty accurate on this) after 10 seconds,
let the power button go but keep the home button pressed.  If you are
successful, the phone screen will be blank.

Launch ITunes
It will report that it has located a phone in restore mode
Click OK
Hold down the shift key (if you are on a PC) or the alt key on a MAC and
click the Restore button
I dialogue box appears so you can locate the firmware file you downloaded
earlier
ITunes will report it is extracting software and it should then install it
onto the phone but it is at this point I get various error messages and mine
fails

I would do a bit of research yourself on the web just in case I have got
this wrong and if you do decide to do it, it is at your own risk.

Brian