[access-uk] INTERNET RADIO LISTENING

  • From: "pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:44:37 +0200

Hi Everyone

I have recently got broadband and am anxious to listen to all kinds of
radio stations without the constant interruptions that used to occur
when I had a phone line.

I am using Windows 98 second edition on a PC with a 2 GHz processor and
256 Mb RAM. I have Realplayer, Winamp and Windows media Player
installed.  I use Window-Eyes 4 and JAWS 5.10.

I appear to be able to listen to BBC stations with few problems,
although i have just tried to listen to the cricket on the net and,
although it tells me I am listening to it, I can hear no sound.

If I try to listen to most other stations either it plays for a few
seconds and locks up or Realplayer or Windows media Player fails and I
see the message "Mainapplication Window".

One strange thing: I use Window-eyes or JAWS 5.10.  If I use
Window-Eyes the station is more likely to run for a few seconds and
lock up the PC, if I use JAWS I get the MainApplicationWindow message.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Also, is it possible to use Winamp to play RealPlayer and windows media
streams?

Apologies for such a convoluted message, but any help would be
appreciated.

Pele West