[access-uk] IN TOUCH ENQUIRY

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:18:09 -0000

We've received the following and I wondered whether anyone on the list might
want or be able to help the listener.
Name: Roger Beaumont
Email: roger.bea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
Subject: Accessible web sites

 I run several websites, including one for Keighley Liberal Democrats.  I try
to make my sites (especially the political one) accessible to blind people,
but after using on-line accessibility services, I have found it impossible to
unearth a blind volunteer to tell me whether the sites really work for people
who have to use text to speech software to 'read' the sites.

The RNIB does have an evaluation service, but we can't afford that.

Perhaps - maybe via your website - you might set up a contact service to put
webmasters/mistresses who'd be grateful for advice, in touch with sympathetic
volunteers who could offer such advice.

Thanks for your consideration,

Roger Beaumont

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.