[access-uk] IN TOUCH AND TECHNOLOGY AGAIN

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:16:18 +0100

Following up the recent discussion about In Touch's coverage of Sight
village, I just wanted to alert listers to the fact that, over the next
couple of weeks we'll be doing more detailed reviews of two of the
products fleetingly featured in Sunil's preview package.  I'll be
looking at the Nano PDA as part of an overview of PDA options and
solutions for blindies and also at the KNFB portable scanner.  A
reminder that these will not be highly technical reviews as they're
aimed at a general blind audience and, in any case, there are people out
there better able and equipped to give that sort of thing.  I'll be
finding out what they're like to use and how useful they might be in
daily life.  I'd also guess that, particularly with the portable
scanner, price will be an issue given the much lower cost options now
available.  But maybe that's the price we have to pay for portability.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.