[access-uk] Re: IE 9 problem

  • From: "Jim Doherty" <j_doherty2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:41:46 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

George has answered your question and I too agree with him, its suckes.

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: Jonathan
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 9:41 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: IE 9 problem

Why would you want to do this, out of interest? I know that IE9
complies MUCH better with web standard, and I thought it was supposed
to be more accessible too.
Have you tried the section "To make Internet Explorer 9 work better
with screen readers" at
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Internet-Explorer-9-accessibility-options#section_3

So before you roll-back to old tech, I, as a designer of websites for
VI people, would like to know a bit more about why.

Thanks

On 18 April 2011 09:32, Jim Doherty <j_doherty2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi List,

My Internet Explorer as been automatically updated from ver 8 to ver 9. how
can I roll it back to ver 8. I’ve looked in programs and features but I
can’t find an internet explorer in their to uninstall and I can’t find one
on the program itself with the application key, only revert back to an
earlier   version which doesn’t do anything. Can someone help me with this
problem?

Thanks for any assistance.
Jim