[access-uk] Re: IE 8

  • From: "JILLIAN GRANT" <geordiecompuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 20:55:40 +0100

Excuse me for saying this here, but I'm doing so in case anyone else feels the same way.

Peter, I personally did not like the tone of this message. I understand you prefer Firefox, and I have no issue with that. I use it myself, but others have the right to want to stick with Internet explorer. I think this message was unhelpful at this time. also, you seem to have little else to say at the moment. I've seen you write "forget IE" on more than one occasion recently, and I'm finding this a little tiresome. I wish to say that I have no personal issues with you or anyone else other than what I've just written. This is all I have to say.

I still can't listen to Youtube clips through FF, and I've updated flash player. I should find out what other plugins I'm missing, but as I can do this no problem with IE it's just as easy. also, I've been using both browsers at the same time recently. this happened by accident at first, though I thought you couldn't do that. But I am and doing it very successfully. I don't access the same pages at the same time with both of course. I like FF and IE and won't forget IE at all. As I've said before, FF isn't really any faster than IE 7 for me, and if it is there's not much in it. I use FF to do captchas and ie for other things where FF doesn't work for me.

Jill.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>