[access-uk] I think I have a clash between Windows Media Player version 11 and goldwave

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goldwave4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:51:41 +0100

Hi all, I apologise for posting to more than one list, however, my problem does not only concern Goldwave, it also concerns Windows Media Player.

When I purchased Goldwave recently and installed it on my Windows XP machine running Jaws 7.10, I set it so that it could play MP3 files. Now I wish to play some files in Windows Media player version 11 , which I have also recently installed, and when I open Windows Media Player I do not hear any sound although I can see with my limited sight that the screen looks as if the track is playing, as the pattern of the screen is moving.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to where I have gone wrong please, as I would like to download the latest Main Menu broadcast from ACB Radio, and of the players I have, only WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER will play it, but as I said above I can not get sound from WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER , and I would like to be able to access MP3 files in both Goldwave and WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER .

Thank you in advance for any help.

Alexander Shannon