[access-uk] Re: I am apauled

  • From: "David" <n.weston42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:19:05 -0000

Hi Steve,

I think that it is more than the place, it is also the cost. I know
Apple is not a charitable organisation, but presumably they would be
hoping for sales as an outcome of this day.So why could they not have a
stand at sight village, like all the other companies? It is not easy for
blind people to travel around, but we make the effort for sight village,
and it would be so much better if they were there, at all those venues,
so we don't have to make tortuous arrangements just to see one supplier,
and have to pay for it into the bargain! I think they are taking you for
a ride! I went into a Bang and Olufsen shop the other day, to look at
some equipment, and I didn't have to pay to do that! Suppliers expect to
pay to go to exhibitions where they can demonstrtate their products.
They are taking the mickey when they expect us to pay to come and see
them!
David Weston