[access-uk] Re: I Pod Nano - best version for a VI user?

  • From: Chris Moore <moore.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:10:54 +0100

Barry,

JAWS 12 onwards works fine on iTunes without any scripts.  You can listen to a
podcast on it at the Freedom Scientific website.

I have both the 5th and 6th generation iPod  nano.  The 6th version (the
latest) has VO built right in, the 5th generation creates voice tags based on
whatever default text to speech engine you are using and not everything is
accessible on the 5th generation but still excellent.  The 6th generation is
very small and a touch screen and everything is accessible.  I now prefer my
6th generation and have purchased a wrist strap which enables me to wear it on
my wrist.  Makes it look like a cool watch, but this feels great for working
out etc.

If you don't mind something a bit bigger, you could consider the iPod Touch
which gives even greater functionality and many things can be done now without
having to use iTunes.
Chris