[access-uk] Re: Hungry House

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:15:57 -0000

Hi Vanja,

Sorry replied to the wrong message.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email:  <mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web:  <http://www.comproom.co.uk/> http://www.comproom.co.uk

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 27 March 2014 23:02
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Hungry House

Hello listers,

Has anyone recently tried to use http://www.hungryhouse.co.uk with any
screenreader. For various reasons that are not particularly relevant at the
moment I temporarily only have access to jaws. When clicking on a restaurant
you are presented with the menu. At the top there are several menu
categories E.G. starters, main dishes, ETC. Below the list of various menu
categories there is a currently selected category shown as a heading and one
can choose to add dishes from that particular category to their basket. When
you first click on the restaurant a menu category is chosen as a default
(usually starters or often 'most popular'). Normally, as I said, you need to
click on another menu category to change it, but from recently, at least
with jaws 15 if I click on another menu category, it doesn't actually change
it. As an example if clicking on http://hungryhouse.co.uk/chamisse-lebanese
the default category when you first click on the restaurant is 'most
popular', if I click on anything else such as starters or main dishes when I
go down to the heading the focus still stays on 'most popular'. I tried
using jaws cursor to click on to the different category, but this didn't
help. I wonder if anyone else had same issues.

As I said, using latest version of jaws 15 and latest version of IE 11. I
also wonder if this really is a screenreader issue or if this is some sort
of issue with the website so if anyone  is on here that does not use
screenreader it would be interesting to report, because if this can be done
successfully without a screenreader, or maybe even with other screenreader
this may be a jaws specific issue rather than the website. Obviously it
would be interesting if this happens with other browsers. One solution might
be to run IE in compatibility mode, but I didn't use to have problems with
this site on IE 11 before, though of course developers might have changed
something in the code to make this not function properly in IE.

Anyway, if anyone can test it both with jaws and another
screenreader/browser please let us know.

Thanks.