[access-uk] Re: Hungry House

  • From: <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 04:08:07 +0100

I'm sorry I'm replying with delay to this, but wasn't really monitorrying this
list properly lately.

I now know what confused me and to a degree it is my fault for perhaps not
exploring properly.

They have obviously changed the site recently. You say:

4.  The next page which loaded up contained their whole menu, split into
sections, each section marked as a navigable heading - just what you would
expect.  The contents of each item within a section are laid out in a table
which you can navigate in the usual way.  Again, very accessible.

This was not how one used to navigate the menu sections. Before the heading of
the first menu item, there are links to different sections of the menu. Once
you would click on the link to a particular menu category only that category of
the menu E.G. starters would display, where as now all menu sections are
displaied as headdings and one does not have to click on the link even though
the links are there. So what happened to me was that even though I would click
on the link for whatever section I might want, I would see the first item of
their menu as a heading rather than the one that I wanted. Granted I should
have checked and have gone further down the page to and would have noticed that
other menu sections are already there without a need to click on them. Thanks
for pointing this out. Of course have I never used the site before I would have
probably explored it and realised what you found, but because I was used to the
prior layout I just thought that the menu selection was not updating properly.

That, of course, doesn't mean that comments we made regarding their site
shouldn't be taken in to the account and most certainly a website shouldn't be
as complicated to use, but it is good to know that it is actually usible.