[access-uk] Re: Humanware problem

  • From: Hazel <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:09:25 +0000

Good luck with your device and hope the battery lasts better than the ones with the Victor Reader stream.

These batteries are crap and only one person admits they have a problem but the gods above will not listen.

I would hate after all the trouble you have gone too and when possible out and about, the battery goes down and leabes you stranded.

Although I am told how long these batteries for the V R S should last it is wishful thinking.

All the best

Hazel

On 20/01/2021 17:36, Andy Logue (Redacted sender meikle.aiden for DMARC) wrote:

Hi again Sandra.

I contacted Humanware yesterday and arranged for it to be picked up today, between 9 and 4pm.

At 6pm last night , I got a telephone  call from one of the managers, who agreed to send me the Manual imediately also, follow it up with a Daisy formatted version, today or Friday.

I advised her that after all the offers of support from members of the Access.UK group, including her intervention, that I'd hold onto the device after all.

She was delighted and offered me her personal e-mail address if I got stuck in the future, which was nice of her.

So I'm delighted also, for I love my wee Breeze device and I knew that this new model would exceed my needs, as it's much more than a GPS system.

I did get the boot in at least by telling her that I thought it a great shame that   the Manual on Daisy format should have been posted with  the Victorreader , at the start.

Hopefully, they will take notice of this.

If I get stuck or have a brief question, I'll send you a wee message.

Thanks for your support.

Andy Logue.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Whizza (Redacted sender "whizza8" for DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>